Base Tangy Almond Horseradish Dressing:
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 20 grams ginger, grated
1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 200 grams gluten free noodles, cooked
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
Miso Eggplant / Tofu:
2 tsp horseradish mustard
- 2 tsp miso paste
Nigella seeds (add to taste)
- 2 tbsp tamari
Salt and pepper (add to taste)
20g grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 eggplant, sliced
200 grams organic tofu (cubed)
1 carrot, spiralled or grated
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
1 zucchini, spiralised or ribboned
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed
1) Firstly, prepare the ‘base’ of your buddha bowl. Braise onion for five minutes. Add grated ginger, continue on low heat for a further minute or two.
2) Toss noodles in onion, ginger mix and set aside.
3) To prepare miso marinade, combine miso paste, tamari, ginger and sesame oil in a small bowl, mix well. Coat tofu and eggplant in this mix and set aside.
4) Using a double-sided griddle, grill eggplant for 15 minutes (or until soft). Alternatively, you can bake eggplant however this will take longer (up to 30 minutes depending on how thickly the eggplant is sliced).
5) Pan fry marinated tofu in heavy based pan, approximately 5 minutes each side. Set aside too cool.
6) To prepare the dressing, mix ingredients in a high-speed blender, blend until smooth.
7) Arrange noodles, vegetables, eggplant and tofu in a large bowl. Generously drizzle with dressing and enjoy.