The ultimate entertainer from plant-based recipe developer @hazel_and_cacao! This caramel fudge tart is 100% vegan and will have you reaching for a second slice. INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup quinoa flakes (or sub quick oats)
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (I used avocado)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups nut butter of choice
(@hazel_and_cacao used mix almond and tahini)
- 8 tbsp cacao butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Califia's Unsweetened Almond Milk
1) Mix crust ingredients in a bowl and press evenly onto bottom and sides of a 20 cm tart tin.
2) Bake in oven for 10 to 12 minutes at 180°C.
3) For the filling add all the ingredients in a saucepan and mix together over low heat until cocoa butter and nut butter have melted and become smooth and silky.
4) Pour over tart crust and sit in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
5) Decorate as desired.