'The Vanilla Oat Milk is my top pick to add to baking, smoothies or chilled on it's own' - we hear you Clarissa! :)
- 2 cups Califia's Vanilla Oat Milk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ⅔ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 2 heaped cups all purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan butter (softened)
- 3 cups powdered sweetener of choice
- ⅔ cup cocoa cowder
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate (melted)
- ¼ cup Califia's Vanilla Oat Milk
1) Preheat oven to 175C. Line 2 x 20cm round springform cake tins.
2) To a bowl, add Califia's Vanilla Oat Milk and vinegar. Set aside for 5 minutes. Add the coconut oil and mashed banana. Using a hand or stand mixer, beat until foamy. Set aside.
3) Into a second bowl, sift all the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add the wet mixture while beating. Beat until no large lumps remain. Divide batter evenly between cake tins. Bake for 25-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4) Meanwhile; for the frosting, beat all ingredients until light and fluffy, adding the powdered sweetener in small amounts. If too thick, add more Vanilla Oat Milk. If too thin, add more cocoa powder.
5) Generously layer a thick serving of frosting between the top and bottom cake layers, the on top. Scatter your favourite Easter eggs and treats. Enjoy!