These mouth-watering corn and zucchini fritters by nutritionists @healthyluxe are perfect for any meal of the day. Jam packed with nutritients and easy to make, we are sure these will become a regular part of your weekly menu!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 zucchini, spiralised or grated
- 400g chickpeas
- 1 cobb corn, steamed, kernels removed
- 1/4 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup mashed potato
- 1 tbsp buckwheat flour (+ extra for coating)
- 2 tsp dukkah (+ extra for coating)
- Serving suggestion - chopped salad, dukkah, coriander and fresh lime
1) Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil
2) Braise shallots for approx. 5 minutes
3) Add zucchini and braise a further 5 minutes
4) In a medium sized mixing bowl, roughly mash drained chickpeas. Add shallots, zucchini and corn. Mix well.
5) In a seperate bow, combine almond milk and mashed potato, mix well. Add to chickpea and veg mix, slowly adding buckwheat flour and dukkah.
6) Arrange into patties, and lightly toss in a mix of flour and dukkah.
7) Add remaining 1/2 tbsp olive oil to pan. Add patties and cook approx. 4 mins each side until golden.
8) Serve with salad, fresh coriander and lime.