Eden is an Australian vegan who started developing recipes five years ago. She loves to create simple, nourishing and tasty recipes that are easy to prepare. 'I hope I can inspire you to try more plant-based meals, whether you are newly vegan or just want to incorporate more plant-based into your diet.' Check out more of her recipes @veganbyeden.
'Made with Japanese pumpkin, red curry paste and Califia Farms Unsweetened almond milk, it's smooth and creamy but with a spice kick from the red curry. ' - Eden Gokkaya
- 500g Jap Pumpkin, peeled and cut
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cube ginger
- 1 tbsp red curry paste
- 2 cups Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1L vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- Half a lime juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
1) In a large pot heat the olive oil. Add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 2 to 3 mins until is softens.
2) Add the red curry paste and vegetable stock and stir to dissolve the curry paste.
3) Add the chopped pumpkin and the Califia Unsweetened Almond Milk. Then add the lime juice. Stir through and reduce heat to a low.
4) After about 10 mins, add the fresh coriander leaves and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 15 mins or until the pumpkin has softened.
5) Once the pumpkin is tender, transfer to a blender or use a handheld blender and blend down until the soup is smooth.
6) Divide into bowls and serve warm.