This masterpiece from Chef Tom Walton is light, spongy with a rich texture. It's the perfect cake for everyday, a special celebration or a dinner party dessert. The raspberries on top bring a pop of colour and the best part? It's super simple to make.
Makes 1 x 24cm cake
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
¾ cup good quality cocoa powder
2/3 cup almond meal or desiccated coconut
1 cup brown sugar or maple syrup
1 cup mashed, very ripe banana
1 cup Califia's XX Espresso Cold Brew Coffee
½ cup water
2/3 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp icing sugar, optional (for topping)
- 1 punnet raspberries (for topping)
1) Preheat oven to 175C. Grease and line a 26cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
2) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, almond meal, salt, cocoa powder and the sugar.
3) Add the banana, XX Espresso, water, coconut oil and mix to just combine.
4) Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
5) Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin and onto a plate.
6) Dust with the icing sugar and serve topped with raspberries & some dairy free ice cream or yoghurt if desired.