Sydney based recipe developer Cherie Tu from Thriving With Plants has created the most delicious dairy free french toast. 'Although I love Califia Farms Vanilla Oat milk alone, it also works perfectly in sweet recipes, especially with that extra hint of vanilla!' We couldn't agree more Cherie!
Makes: 8-10 slices (approx. 3 servings)
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
- 1 cup Califia Farms Vanilla Oat Milk
- 2 tbsp cornstarch / cornflower
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 8-10 slices of dense crusty bread
- vegan butter, for frying
1) To a shallow bowl or dish, whisk together the milk, cornflour, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, cinnamon and salt.
2) Heat a large frypan over medium heat. Add in a dollop of vegan butter and spread around the pan until melted.
3) In the meantime, add your bread to the batter and soak on each side for 15-20 seconds until well coated. Only do this with as many slices that can fit into the pan in 1 batch (roughly 2-3).
4) Place the bread onto the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes until both sides are golden. Repeat with any remaining bread and batter.
5) To serve, top with fresh berries, a dusting of icing sugar and maple syrup.