This nourishing grain bowl filled with roasted vegetables is topped with a vibrant and flavourful dressing made all the more delicious with Califia's Oat Barista Blend.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 a zucchini, sliced
- 5 thick asparagus spears, bottoms trimmed
- Grape seed oil, for drizzling
- 3-4 tbsp canned chickpeas
- 1 scant cup of cooked farro, or other grain of choice
- 1 cup shredded lacinato kale, stems removed
- Pepita seeds, for garnish
- 1 small avocado
- ¼ packed cup cilantro
- ¼ packed cup parsley
- ½ jalapeño, seeds and veins removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp Califia's oat milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Few cracks of fresh pepper
1) Heat oven to 220°C.
2) Place the broccoli, zucchini, and asparagus on a small or medium baking sheet and drizzle with a bit of grape seed oil, then season with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli has started to brown.
3) For the dressing, place the avocado, cilantro, parsley, jalapeño, garlic, white wine vinegar, lime juice, olive oil, oat milk, salt, and pepper, into a large jar and blend until smooth with an immersion blender. Alternatively, a blender or food processor can also be used.
4) Taste and season the dressing with additional salt as needed. If you’d like a thinner dressing, simply blend in a few more tablespoons of oat milk until desired texture is achieved.
5) Begin assembly by adding the farro and kale to a large bowl. Once cooled, add the roasted veggies, chickpeas, and a hearty drizzle of the dressing. Garnish with roasted pepitas and enjoy immediately.
*Place leftover dressing in a sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to three days.