Tuck into this simple recipe from Nourishingly Delicious. It's jam packed full of lemon flavour and made with easy ingredients. We promise, you'll be coming back for another slice!
- 2 cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vinegar
1) In a bowl add together all the wet ingredients - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, lemon juiced, lemon zest, olive oil and coconut oil. Mix together well.
2) Add together the baking soda and vinegar (to replace eggs).
3) Fold in the remaining dry ingredients coconut sugar, poppy seeds, almond flour and self raising flour. Mix together until combined with a silky smooth consistency!
4) Heat oven to 185°C.
5) Line an oven safe loaf pan with baking paper and then brush the inside with coconut oil.
6) Add your cake batter to the loaf tin, then add extra poppy seeds to the top.
7) Bake for 20-30 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.