Makes approx. 4-6 pancakes (depending on size)
- 1 ¼ cups buckwheat flour
- ¼ cup almond meal or desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp white vinegar (optional)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut sugar
- Zest 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coconut oil to cook the pancakes
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 passionfruit
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes
- Maple syrup to drizzle
1) In a bowl combine the buckwheat flour, almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
2) Add and mix through the almond milk, coconut oil, vinegar, if using, maple and lemon zest.
3) Heat a non-stick frying- pan over a high heat and if you have one, place a love heart cutter in the pan. Add a little oil to the pan and spoon in about ½ cup of pancake batter. Cook for about 2 minutes then carefully flip and cook for 2 minutes more. If using the heart cutter, remove this before flipping the pancake. Repeat until all the mix has been cooked.
4) To serve, combine the coconut yoghurt with the pulp of 1 passionfruit and spoon this over your pancakes then top with raspberries, coconut maple syrup and more passionfruit.