These delicious mini quiches from Vegan By Eden are the epitome of versatility! Ideal for entertaining, the ultimate snack when you are on the run and perfect for lunch or dinner paired with a salad. Made with tofu and Califia's Unsweetened Almond Milk, they might just be your new go to!
- 220g firm tofu
- 1 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond
- 200g baby spinach
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry
1) In a blender combine the tofu, almond milk, nutritional yeast and season with salt and pepper. Mix together and set aside.
2) In a pan, heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook for a few mins until fragrant and add the cherry tomatoes. Cook for a further 3 to 4 mins. Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Season with salt, pepper and oregano. Remove from heat.
3) Preheat the oven to 200ºC
4) To prepare the bases for the quiche, cut round shapes out of the puff pastry sheets. Press each round piece of pastry into a muffin tray and pinch the ends together.
5) Combine the creamy tofu and milk mixture with the spinach and tomato mix. Spoon the mixture into each pastry base.
6) Bake for about 35-40 mins or until the tops turn golden and the pastry looks golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool for 10 mins.
7) Serve warm. Store any leftovers in a container in the fridge and reheat in the oven for 15 mins.