Looking for a mid-week dinner idea? The Nourished Chef has got you covered!
Clarissa doesn't just use our Oat Barista Blend for her morning coffee, but also for cooking! 'It's an amazing plant-based option when creating savoury dishes throughout the week.'
1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
1 cup vegan cheese (grated)
2 small carrots (grated)
2 medium zucchini (grated)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (chopped)
- 1½ tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds
¼ cup psyllium husks
- ⅔ cup chickpea flour
- ½ Cup Califia Farms Oat Barista Blend
- salt + pepper (to taste)
1) To prepare the zucchini; in a bowl sprinkle over sea salt and stir. Allow to sit for 15 minutes. Once ready, using a nut milk bag or cheesecloth wring out and discard all the excess liquid.
2) Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, mixing well to combine. The mixture may initially look very dry – continue to incorporate using your hands. The moisture in the vegetables will turn the mixture into a sticky dough. If you do need more liquid - add 1 tsp of oat milk at a time.
3) In a large frypan, over medium heat, pour in your oil of choice. When ready to cook, shape about 2-3 tbsp worth of mixture into patties and shallow cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden. Transfer to a paper towel until ready to serve. Top with plant-based yoghurt and fresh dill. Enjoy!