Phoebe Conway of Pheeb’s Foods is a qualified nutritionist, recipe developer and author based in Adelaide, South Australia. She believes in teaching people about the ways in which our diet affects our health and helping people work towards better choices and reducing chronic disease. She also believes in working towards a more sustainable future for this beautiful planet we live on and believes the food we consume and how we produce it, directly affects the health of our planet.
'When making a dessert you want everyone to be able to enjoy it! This tart is gluten free and plant-based but still tastes incredible so everyone will love it regardless of any dietary requirements. With its delicious white chocolate filling and crunchy base severed with seasonal fruit, it’s the perfect summer dessert!' - Phoebe Conway
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄4 cup vegan butter
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup 1 tbsp water
- 200ml Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond milk
- 250g vegan white chocolate*
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1) Pre heat the oven to 180C (fan forced).
2) Place all of the pastry ingredients into a food processor and pulse the mixture until combined and the mixture sticks together between your fingers.
3) Lightly grease a non-stick tart tin (must be one with a removable base) and pour the mixture in.
4) Use your fingers to press the mixture evenly into the tray and up the sides taking time to ensure no holes are left.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges start to brown, remove and allow to cool fully – don’t remove the pastry from the pan.
6) Roughly chop the white chocolate and place it into a bowl with the coconut oil.
7) In a small saucepan heat the Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk and vanilla gently until just bubbling. Pour the almond milk into the bowl with the chocolate and stir gently until the chocolate has melted and the mix is smooth.
8) Allow the mixture to cool for around 10 minutes before pouring into the tart base and placing into the fridge for 3 hours or overnight to set.
9) Once set remove the tart from the pan and decorate with fresh berries or other seasonal fruit.
*Dark chocolate can also be used in the recipe instead of white, if preferred.