Raw dessert and plant-based recipe creator, Jess Thomas is a vegan Mum of two. Living in Western Australia, Jess is an Aussie food influencer and her Instagram page @mindfullyjessica, is a good go to for simple plant-based recipes!
'This one reminds me of summer - healthy, vegan, dairy free, gluten free and delicious!' - Jess Thomas
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 8 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups cashews, soaked for a minimum 2 hours
- 4 tbsp Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp melted coconut juice
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
Second layer (note: reserve 1/2 of the first layer in blender, then add the following)
- 3/4 cup of blueberries
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1) Line a 20 x 20 cake tin with baking paper.
2) In a food processor, add the almonds and cashews. Process until a rough meal is achieved. Add the dates and vanilla and process again until a sticky mixture is achieved. Press evenly into the tin. Set aside.
3) To make the first filling layer drain and rinse the cashews well. Add the cashews to a high powered blender almond with Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk, lemon juice, melted coconut oil, and rice malt syrup. Blend until completely smooth.
4) Pour only half of this mixture onto the base, place into the freezer to firm up while you make the blueberry layer.
5) To the first layer filling in the blender, add the blueberries, rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Blend until completely smooth. Pour gently onto the first layer.
6) Tap the tin onto the bench top to help release air bubbles and event out the top.
7) Place in the freezer until firm, around 2 hours. Slice when it's still firm but softened enough to slice through. Store in freezer.