Hazel & Cacao is a plant-based Mum who specialises in hormone friendly recipes and healthy desserts. Enjoy her smooth, creamy and colourful dessert jam packed full of goodness and flavour! Raw vegan dragon fruit slice - YUM!
- 2 cups walnuts
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 cups pitted dates
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 3-4 hours)
- 1 cup cacao butter melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup Califia Farms unsweetened almond milk
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 cups dragonfruit chunks (frozen)
- ½ cup raspberries 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- For the base, break down the walnuts and sunflower seeds in a food processor. Add in the dates and cacao powder and process again. Add in almond milk last and process again.
- Press down base mixture into the base of a lined baking tin.
- For the filling: add all the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour evenly on top of the base, tap gently to smooth and place in the freezer for about 30 mins to firm up enough before adding the dragonfruit layer.
- For the dragonfruit layer, place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. If dragonfruit is frozen, you may need to thaw it before blending. Pour dragonfruit mixture over the cheesecake layer. Smooth with spatula and place back in the freezer to set for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Once set, allow to that slightly, slice and enjoy.