Trying to keep that winter chill away? This is the perfect winter warmer for you! It's tasty, quick and simple. Made with love from Clarissa, The Nourished Chef who is an expert in vegan recipes.
400g pasta (of choice - gluten free if needed)
2 tbsp oil (reserved from sun-dried tomatoes)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomatoes (tightly packed + chopped)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (lightly packed)
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 ¾ cups Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
1 tbsp tomato paste
¼ cup pine nuts (toasted)
salt + pepper (to taste)
1) Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until al dente.
2) Place the tomato sauce ingredients into a food processor and puree until smooth. Season to taste.
3) Heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for 20 seconds, then add onion and cook for 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add the drained pasta into the frypan. Pour the prepared tomato sauce in. Cook, stirring gently, until the sauce is warmed through and has thickened.
4) Remove from the stove and serve immediately. Top with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, vegan parmesan and fresh herbs.