This hearty green veggie curry is perfect for warming you up this winter - courtesy of Chef Tom Walton. It's got all the curry classics plus Califia's Original Oat Milk to give it a deliciously creamy finish.
1 large eggplant, cut into 3cm dice
¼ Kent pumpkin, cut into 3cm dice
3 tbsp olive oil
Green curry paste
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 3cm piece ginger, peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 3 clove garlic
- 1-2 large green chilli
- Handful coriander stalks (use the leaves for garnish)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced
- 2 cups Califia Farms Original Oat milk
- 1 lime
- 2 cup bean sprouts, rinsed
- Large handful baby spinach leaves
- Handful coriander, roughly chopped
Steamed rice and lime wedges to serve
1) Preheat an oven to 220C
2) Toss the pumpkin and eggplant with some salt, pepper and 3 tbsp of olive oil. Scatter over a baking tray and roast for 15-20 minutes, until softened and caramelised. Set aside
3) Meanwhile combine the curry paste ingredients in a small food processor with a good pinch of salt and pulse to a paste. You can add a little olive oil if you need to help it along.
4) Place a large, deep frying-pan over a medium/high heat and add the coconut oil, curry paste and kaffir lime leaves. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly then add the broccolini and cook for 2 minutes more. Add the Oat milk zest of 1 lime and simmer for 3 minutes to cook the broccolini then and the bean sprouts and baby spinach along with the roasted veggies, coriander and stir through.
5) Adjust the seasoning to taste, and serve scattered with the reserved coriander leaves, steamed rice and lime to squeeze over.