Nutritionist Marika Ward is the creator behind 'The Vegetable Addict'. Marika believes you must be mindful about the things you put into your body; emotionally, physically and spiritually.
'Your essential morning espresso, teamed with coconut, banana and the delicious flavours of Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, whipped into the perfect morning smoothie bowl. Takes around 3 minutes to make and devour even faster. The vanilla in the Califia Farms almond milk really helps lift the other flavours and gives it that extra special tasty edge!' - Marika Ward @thevegetableaddict
VANILLA ESPRESSO SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 shot of espresso
- 2 bananas, frozen in chunks
- 1/4 cup coconut, frozen in chunks
- Scoop vanilla plant-based protein powder (optional)
- Toppings: flaked coconut, banana slices, chia seeds, crushed raw almonds, muesli bliss balls
Make espresso and let it cool down while gathering all the other ingredients. Blend everything until smooth. Add toppings and enjoy!
MUESLI BLISS BALLS
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup dried dates
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sultanas
- 1/2 cup hot water
1) Blend all ingredients in a food processor, slowly pour in hot water until a sticky consistency forms.
2) Roll teaspoons of mixture between clean hands to form a ball.
3) Place in an airtight container in the fridge to firm up. (Makes approx 20 balls).