Who can resist a lemon tart? These lemon tarts from nutritionists @healthyluxe are 100% vegan and star Califia's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk. They are light, full of flavour and the beautiful pop of lemon colour is perfect for summer entertaining.
- 1 1/2 cups spelt or all-purpose gluten free flour
- 1 cup Califia Farms Vanilla Almond milk
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 tsp agar agar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 tsp arrowroot flour (or tapioca)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
1) Preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
2) Combine all dry base ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3) Then add maple syrup, coconut butter and coconut oil, mix until it starts to stick together.
4) Press into the base of 6 greased mini tartlet cases.
5) Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
6) Whilst cooling, prepare the lemon filling. Place almond milk, agar agar, maple syrup and arrowroot flour in a heavy based saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Allow to cool, stirring frequently, ensuring mixture does not set.
8) Place coconut yogurt, lemon juice / zest and almond milk mixture into high speed blender, blend for 30 seconds.
9) Pour into tart cases and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours.
10) Serve and enjoy.