Recipe creator Tracey from Nourishingly Delicious has developed the ultimate raw, vegan dark chocolate truffles with only simple real food ingredients. They are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free.
- 1 1/2 cup - 2 cups hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 100g melted vegan dark chocolate
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tsp cacao nibs
- 3-4 tsp almond ground
- 3-4 tsp coconut oil
1) Place water in a pot filled to halfway, bring to boil on medium heat. Place a bowl on top, put chocolate in the bowl and melt until the chocolate is completely dissolved. Add in Califia's almond milk. Set aside to cool down.
2) Put hazelnut meal in a bowl along with coconut oil, vanilla, cacao, melted dark chocolate and almond milk mix (ganache) + chia seeds. Mix together until combined. Add in some cacao nibs for extra crunch!
3) If the mix is still on the dry side add extra almond milk and if it’s on the wet side add more hazelnut meal. Adjust accordingly.
4) Roll the mixture into balls and add extra melted dark chocolate on top then sprinkle with cacao nibs or ground almond to decorate. Set in the freezer for 15 minutes. Enjoy!