The Nourished Chef does it again with these spectacular donuts. No need to feel bad reaching for another one, these beauties are vegan, low carb, gluten free and ketogenic. Have fun getting creative with various toppings!
¼ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
2 tbsp tapioca flour
2 tbsp powdered icing sweetener
⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
1 tbsp maple flavoured syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
¾ Califia's Unsweetened Almond
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Chocolate Glaze + Drizzle
2 tbsp coconut oil
200g dark vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp powdered monkfruit sweetener
Your choice nut butter
Powdered freeze dried berries
1) Preheat oven to 177°C. Spray a donut pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together and set aside.
3) In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Stir in the dry ingredients and keep mixing until everything is combined. Let the batter sit for a minute or so as the flaxseed meal requires time to gel.
4) Evenly distribute batter into the donut pan, smooth over the tops.
5) Bake for approximately 23 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 5 mins before removing them from the donut pan.
6) Meanwhile, to make the chocolate glaze, place the coconut oil in a small saucepan on low heat. Add in the powdered sweetener and stir until combined. Add the chocolate and continuously stir until dissolved and glossy. Be mindful not to overcook the chocolate. Set aside to slightly thicken.
7) Carefully dip the doughnut into the chocolate glaze (curved side down) turning in a clockwise motion to coat them completely. Feel free to double coat for an extra glossy, thick glaze.
8) Drizzle over your favourite nut butter and sprinkle over the freeze dried berry powder. Enjoy!
Cook’s Tips :
To create show stopping donuts, scoop batter into a piping bag and pipe into your donut tray.