Feeling festive? Why not try this delicious Vegan Eggnog by @veganbyeden using Califia's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk? This warming spiced drink can be made with or without alcohol, and it's quick and easy to whip up. The perfect treat on a warm summer day.
Makes 3 to 4 serves
- 1 bottle Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Cinnamon sticks and ground cinnamon (to serve)
1) In a small pot combine Califia's Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk with the maple syrup, nutmeg and mixed spice. Stir gently on a low heat.
2) Add the cinnamon stick and continue to stir for 8-10 mins while the milk thickens up slightly.
3) Pour the mix into a jug and refrigerate overnight.
4) Once chilled the eggnog is ready to serve. You could enjoy it warm if you prefer but let it refrigerate overnight so the flavour deepens.
5) Sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top to serve.
*Optional - add a little rum or bourbon if you would like it with some liquor.