Raw dessert and plant-based recipe creator, Jess Thomas is a vegan Mum of two. Living in Western Australia, Jess is an Aussie food influencer and her Instagram page @mindfullyjessica, is a good go to for simple plant-based recipes!
'A perfect dessert for the holidays. It's a healthier spin on the classic dessert 'Tiramisu'. It's vegan friendly, dairy free, egg free and can be made gluten free by using a gluten free baking blend flour.' - Jess Thomas
Makes: 3-4 wine glass sized servings
Preparation time: 30-40 mins
Cook time: 30mins
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 1/4 cup Califia Farms XX Espresso
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Grease your cake tin with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the flour, cornflour, baking powder, bicarb soda, and sea salt into a large bowl, set aside.
- Add the sugar, melted coconut oil, Califia Farms XX Espresso and vanilla to a large bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine. Take care to not over mix. Pour the mixture into your cake tin. Place in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.
- Califia Farms XX Espresso
- 1 can Coconut Whipping Cream
- 1/3 cup Cherry Compote or Cherry Jam
- Fresh Cherries, pitted (approx 500g)
- Dark Chocolate, shaved
- Cut the cake into circles the size of your serving glasses, set the excess cake aside.
- Whip the coconut cream with handheld beaters. If using Full Fat Coconut Cream, scrape only the solid part from the top of the chilled can and discard the water before whipping.
- Place the cake into the base of each glass.
- Pour 2 tbsp of Califia Farms XX Espresso into each glass, infusing the cake.
- Gently spoon in a layer of whipped coconut cream to each, then arrange halved pitted cherries around the outside of the glass.
- Take the excess cake and crumble it into a bowl, pour 2-3 tablespoons of Califia Farms XX Espresso into the bowl and mix well.
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of this into the trifle glasses. Top with cherry compote or cherry jam and dollop or pipe any additional coconut cream. Finish with shavings of dark chocolate. Enjoy!
Tip: If cherries aren’t in season where you are, feel free to replace with any in season fruit.