Let's be honest, nothing beats a waffle for breakfast! Except a waffle that is gluten free, vegan and low carb. Enjoy this incredible recipe from Clarissa, The Nourished Chef - it will definitely leave you wanting more!
Makes 6-7 small waffles
- 1 ¼ cups almond meal
- ¾ cup tapioca flour (heaped cup)
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Vanilla Almond
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple flavoured syrup
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut
1) Preheat and grease a waffle iron with coconut oil spray.
2) In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the almond meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, and cinnamon.
3) Pour in the vanilla almond milk, maple flavoured syrup, vanilla extract and peanut butter. Stir to combine. The batter will be quite thick.
4) Scoop approximately ⅓ cup of the batter into your preheated and greased waffle iron. Cook until golden and crispy. Approximately 5-6 minutes.
5) Meanwhile, to make the chocolate sauce; place the chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small saucepan over low heat. Continue to stir until the chocolate is completely melted and glossy.
6) Dip your waffles halfway into your melted chocolate. Serve immediately.
Grease your waffle iron with coconut oil to stop the waffles from sticking.